Camp Cardinal Newman existed from the years 1945 through 1954. It was located in Center Harbor, New Hampshire on a five-hundred acre reservation, extending from the fourteen hundred foot summit of Garnet Hill to the shores of Lake Squam.
The Camp reservation, situated in the very heart of the beautiful New Hampshire lake and mountain region, afforded some of the finest scenic views in all New England. John Greenleaf Whittier, who for years sojourned in the colonial farmhouse on the Camp property, describes the countryside in many of his celebrated nature poems.
The Camp was a complete town in itself, with more than thirty buildings, all of sturdy wood construction: lodges, dining halls, stables, shops living cabins, and infirmary. There was a full mile of shore on Lake Squam.
The Staff of Camp Cardinal Newman was made up of members of the administrative and teaching staff of The Newman Preparatory School.
Camp Newman Brochure
Camp Brochure 2