Thursday, 9-15-11 - Study Skills
Select and bring into class Friday a book for your 'pleasure reading,' for SSR.
Due Friday, 9-16-11
Tuesday, 9-13-11 - Study Skills
In your Reflection Journal for this class, think about and answer these questions:
- Why did we spend our time doing this exercise today?
- What did it mean - what was it's purpose for you?
- Connect some of the ideas from today with the YouTube, "Did you know - Shift Happens" that we watched yesterday in class.
- Due Weds, 9-14-11 in class.
MONDAY, 9-12-11- Study Skills
Read Growing Up Digital, again. This time underline what you consider to be the main ideas and circle the keys words .
Turn in your copy of your initial response to the article that you wrote over the weekend after your first reading.
Due Tuesday, 9-13-11
Thursday, 9-8-11 - Study Skills
Fill in / create the Brainstorming / MindMapping form:
The SKILLS needed for success as an Iinformation Literate 21st century student.
Due in Class on Friday, 9-9-11
Friday, 9-9-11 - Study Skills
- Read NYTimes article, Growing Up Digital, Wired for Distraction.
- Think about how closely you relate to the ideas and situation presented here. Write a personal response to the article.
- Print out a copy of the article to bring to school on Monday.
- Be prepared to discuss the ideas in detail.
Due in Class on Monday, 9-12-11